|Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is included in the property rental?
Included in the property rental is the specified property, the linen for the relevant occupants and the basic utility bills such as electricity, gas and water.
- Can I book online?
Yes, bookings can be made through the Portugal Breakaways Website. Just complete the Booking form and send to us and we will then reconfirm the property, dates, prices, any extras that you request and method of payment.
- Can I book a property for less than 7 or 14 nights?
We will accept booking of 5 days in low season. We will accept bookings between 7 and 21 days. Winter Lets are available, please request information.
- Is there flexibility with set arrival days?
There is flexibility with changeover days and we will try to accommodate. In high season in certain properties there will be set changeover days (normally Saturday and Sunday) and it will state this on the booking conditions.
- How much deposit is required and how do I pay?
The deposit is required within 5 days of confirming the booking and is up to 35% of the total cost of the booking. It can be paid by bank transfer or check. The deposit is non refundable. If your booking is within 6 weeks the full amount is to be paid.
- When is my balance due and how can I pay?
The Balance is due 6 weeks before date of arrival. This can be paid by bank transfer or check. A rental agreement will then be sent to you to read and sign.
- If I have to cancel my holiday what is the procedure?
There is a scale of cancellation charges thereafter, which are applicable from the date we receive your instruction to cancel:
If cancelled or modified up to 30 days before arrival: Loss of Deposit.
If cancelled or modified 14 – 29 Days before arrival: 75% of the total price of the reservation will be charged.
If cancelled or modified up to 13 days before arrival: 100% of the total price of the reservation will be charged.
In case of no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged. An administration fee will be charged on all refunds.
- Is a breakage Deposit payable and when is it refunded?
Yes, a breakage deposit is requested along with the balance. This will be held and refunded within 14 days of your return, if no damage or breakages have occurred.
- What happens if something is broken during my stay?
If any small breakages (glasses/cups) have happened we ask that you report to us and where possible replace.
- Is holiday insurance included in the price?
No, we do not provide holiday Insurance and we highly recommend that you ensure that you have adequate insurance cover for you and your party.
- Do you arrange airport transfers?
Yes, we can arrange return Airport transfers as well as local in resort transfers as well. Please click Airport Transfers
- Will there be children’s seats available on the transfer?
The transfer company will provide children seats free of charge but they must be requested on booking.
- Where will the taxi driver meet us at the airport?
The Transfer Representative will be waiting for you in the Arrivals Hall (Transfer Section).
- If we hire a car, can you send us directions to the property?
Yes, we will provide you with a full set of directions to your property. If you have a Satellite Navigator we will provide you with the full address.
- Where do we collect the key to our property
On payment of the balance we will send you the information in relation to the key collection.
- What time can we occupy the property on our arrival day?
Entry into the property is 3pm. If you arrive on an early flight we will arrange for your luggage to be stored and you can use the surrounding facilities till the property is changed over and ready for you.
- What time do we have to vacate the villa on our last day?
Vacate time on the last day is 11am. We will always do our best to accommodate you if on a late flight.
- What is in an Arrival Starter food pack?
The Arrival Starter Food Pack costs €10 and consists of:
Water/ Tea/ coffee/ sugar/ milk/ juice/ biscuits.
- What is in a more substantial Welcome Pack?
The Substantial Food Pack costs €25 and consists of:
Water/ Tea/ coffee/ sugar/ milk/ juice/ biscuits/ bread/ butter/ jam/ eggs/ cheese/ ham/ tomatoes/ fruit/ washing up liquid.
- If we have a problem in resort, who do we contact?
On arrival to resort we will provide you with the contact numbers for your property should a problem occur. We will also provide you with our contact numbers.
- Can more people join us during our stay?
Each property has a maximum occupancy level and must be adhered to. Only the people listed on the rental agreement can occupied the property. If the maximum level has not been reached and you wish for someone to join you please contact us and we will advise if there will be an extra cost.
- Are pets allowed in the properties?
No pets are allowed in the properties.
- Are cots and high chairs provided in the villas?
Yes, we can provide cots and highchairs at a weekly rental rate. Cots and Highchairs need to be booked.
- Are extra beds available?
Yes, we can provide extra beds at a weekly rental rate. Extra beds need to be booked.
- What Cleaning Services can we expect?
All properties will be cleaned for your arrival. All bookings of 9 nights or more will receive a mid stay clean and full linen change. Extra cleaning and laundry can be arranged and paid for locally. This needs to be booked in advance.
- Are linen and towels provided in the property?
On arrival linen and towels will be provided for the relevant occupants.
- Are Beach towels provided in the property?
In specific properties beach towels will be provided and it will note this in the property description.
- Will there be a hairdryer at the property?
In specific properties hairdryers will be provided and it will note this in the property description
- Will there be an iron and iron board in the property?
Yes, there is an iron and ironing board in the property.
- Will the property have a TV and DVD?
Yes, there will be a TV and DVD in the property.
- Will there be English speaking channels on the TV?
In specific properties English Speaking Chanels will be provided and it will note this in the property description
- Do I need to take travel adaptor plugs?
Yes, 220/240 volts at a frequency of 50 – 60 Hz.
- Is there a time difference in Portugal?
The time in Portugal is the same as the time in the UK and Ireland.